Thursday, April 24, 2008

My peruvian lilies blowing in the wind . . .

I was going to take tomorrow off, but I think I'll go into the office for half day, and then head over to the links for 9 holes with a friend. Too bad that I probably can't wear my new plaid golf shorts into the office. . . .

I had a golf lesson last Friday. I was knocking the snot out of the ball with my 7 iron. (Ok, relatively speaking). My driver? Not so much . . .

I'm still debating whether to take Monday off, since it is my birthday, and I will be really, really old . . . :-)

Today I ordered tickets to go see "Curtains" with my niece while we are in NYC in June. I wanted to see this show in October, but David Hyde Pierce was on vacation that week. Second show will be Gypsy!

But at least the Angels took 2 of 3 from the dreaded Red Sox - go Halos!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

My dad made it a policy to never work on his birthday, and I do the same. (Although it's pretty easy not to work on Dec. 22.) :)
Happy early birthday!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Just in case I don't get over here Monday, Happy B-Day, Diane!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I really should take golf lessons! I've been playing a lot better once I realized that I was bending my one arm too much.

5:03 PM  
Blogger sage said...

No plaid golf skirts in the office? What kind of dress coat do you have, I thought everyone was laid back in California. Enjoy the day and do something fun for your birthday--Stop complaining about your age. As I passed that half century marker a bit over a year ago, I get self-conscious every time I read that you're really old.

4:29 AM  
Blogger LA said...

It's a beautiful day to be hitting the ball. Enjoy!

10:22 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

When I used to play golf, my best iron was my 7 iron. I could beat the shit out of the ball with that, unfortunately, I couldn't hit well with any iron (or driver) LONGER than the 7 iron. :(

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home