Friday, April 04, 2008

So, I was going to post today about my usual trials and tribulations . . .


About how I hung out at home until 9:45 am and then headed over for a 10 am hair appointment, only to find out it was at noon . . .


About how I then stopped in at Nick's Deli for one of his world famous breakfast burritos, and added a cupcake on top of that . . .


About how I pitched a fit about how overwhelmed I am with a workload that is crushing me, and how much it pisses me off when I walk past the office two doors down from mine to see a salaried employee with no work on her desk, staring at her computer . . .


About how my neighbor keeps using my hose to wash his motor home . . .


But then I was reminded that this is the 40th anniversary of the assasination of Martin Luther King, Jr., (who amazingly was only 39 when he died), and I thought I could perhaps post something more inspirational than the above . . .


So, in the words of Dr. King:


"A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom."

* * *

"I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word."

* * *

"The time is always right to do what is right."


3 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Great quotes!

I hate how some people don't even bother to look like they are busy at work!

6:15 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

That's a good way to keep everything in perspective.

8:40 PM  
Blogger LA said...

What flix said, perspective. Nice tribute.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home