Wednesday, April 16, 2008

This is the view I will be enjoying from the lanai of a condo in Maui in exactly 38 days.

I would like to lose 8 - 10 lbs. in the intervening 5 1/2 weeks, and towards that end, I am considering signing up for Jenny Craig. I did Jenny before, and I will admit the food is pretty good, the plan is pretty easy to follow, and I did lose weight, some of which I have kept off.

What I HATED was having to sit down with some skinny, tweener, goth chick who was assigned to me as my consultant and answering stupid questions: "so what challenges did you face this week?" Real answer - "making it through the week withoug killing any skinny, tweener, goth chicks?". Answer I likely gave - "ummmm - going out for mexican food with friends?"

All I want is to go in, weigh myself, and get my food . . . if I wanted "support" I'd do Weight Watchers.

Serenity now . . . regardless of my weight when I get on that plane* I will enjoy my week of relaxation - walking, swimming, sunning, reading, snorkelling . . . did I mention eating and drinking?

*wow - have you booked a flight lately? The prices are twice as high as a year ago, and this year I will have to fly out of LAX, rather than the more convenient Orange County airport . . .

7 Comments:

Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Ooooo that sounds like a good vacation. Sun, sand, surf, and sloth. Oh yeah, baby!

Jenny Craig is okay, but I find a vegan diet the most helpful thing in keeping me skinny. Well, that a whole lot of speed.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

You can probably avoid the skinny, tweener, goth chicks that way too? Maybe not . . .

3:13 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I need to book a flight for June and I am terrified to see what its going to cost!

I realized how out of shape I was after my first day of walking in NYC! Its amazing how skinny everyone is there!

4:08 PM  
Blogger sage said...

maybe the goth part is a way to scare you into action... sounds like a nice vacation, flying is getting higher and also less comfortable--I've debating taking a business trip to SF in June via train--I'd love the time to read and reflect, but I'd have to take personal time for the travel.

6:37 PM  
Blogger LA said...

And you know darn well the tween didn't use the Jenny diet. She's some naturally thin idiot who memorized a script. So annoying.

But she'll be a distant memory when you're in the land of poi.

7:56 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

I could have used a Hawaii vacation this winter. (But it's a looooong flight from New England.)

12:47 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Yes, sadly, I have had to fly out of LAX way more often than I have in the previous 14 years living here. I hate it.

What part of Maui will you be in? I love it there.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home