Sunday, April 13, 2008








Today I headed out to the the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve. It opens at 9 am, and I left the house early to get there about that time. It was about 120 miles to drive there (ok, so I should have googled that before I left), but was well worth it. I was glad I got there early - - it was in the 70s when I got there, and about 85 when I left for home about 11:30, which was much better than the 104 my car was registering as I was on the 5 Freeway below Griffith Park heading back through LA.




They had enough rain this year to bring out the poppies, and while they were warning folks about rattlesnakes, the only reptiles I saw were a few lizards, like the one pictured below. (Hint - you gotta look close).




They have lots of trails meandering through the hills, and I took lots of photos . . .

9 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Are those iPhone pictures or your regular digital camera? I'll be really impressed if they are the phone. I love that last one especially because you really get the perspective of a "blanket" of poppies.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - the photo I emailed you was taken with my iPhone, but these photos were taken with my digital camera

6:19 AM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Oh, wow, do you think that's where they got their inspiration for the Wizard of Oz????

7:43 AM  
Blogger sage said...

This are wonderful photos! And here, the crocus are finally blooming. Thanks for sharing, I love the one of the landscape being covered with orange poppies.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Beautiful colors! I am loving all the flower pictures you've been showing lately!

8:05 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Wow...that's really beautiful.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Breathtaking!!

7:40 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

That last photo is wild!!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Wow! What an amazing view! I would love to go there sometime!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home