Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Welcome to the Beach! Please pick up your trash before you leave . . .
With the recent hot weather, folks have been flocking to the beach, and I have one question - where were you raised, and didn't your mother and father tell you not to litter? This question is somewhat rhetorical, since most of the groups leaving trash and food all over town include the mom and pop.

The result is that from now until Labor Day, I don't take my dogs for walks - we go out foraging for food. They can smell a dropped potato chip at 50 yards. And I cannot even estimage the number of chicken wing bones they'll find and eat over the next 5 months. I have a 50/50 chance of getting such a bone away from Noodles; my chances go down to zero for Nanners. Yes, I know dogs aren't supposed to eat chicken bones, but there's only so much a gal can do . . .

On the good side, look at my pretty hibiscus!


9 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

I HATE LITER BUGS. THERE IS A SPECIAL SECTION IN HELL FOR THEM.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I can't stand liter bugs either! Everytime you talk about the beach I am SO jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:51 PM  
Blogger sage said...

At least you can save on dog food and your dogs can do their part at recycling :)

8:28 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Bravo! That's why I prefer the beach after Labor day.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I wish I could go to the beach. It's weird being landlocked in Tennessee.

Such pretty flowers!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

ryan and kat - me too!

sage - trust me, you've never lived until you've had the opportunity to pull plastic sandwich wrappers out of your dog's butt . . .

la - me to!

pru - but I'll bet you have lovely woods and rivers?

11:10 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Pret-ty flowers!!

11:54 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Diane, I've just decided that I no longer want to live! :)

1:02 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Litter is gross. And for people to spoil a beach with their leftover food and trash is just uncool.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home