Tuesday, May 20, 2008



Calgon, take me away . . .

I leave for Maui on Saturday, and at this moment, it seems very, very far away . . . Work is CRAZY, and getting crazier.

My motto for this week: "Poor planning on your part does not equate to an emergency . . .".

The older I get, (and the more experienced), the less tolerance I have for co-workers who expect everyone to jump in with both feet when they have failed to plan ahead and allocate sufficient time to complete a project. Or those who expect others - at the last minute - to save a project that they have irretrievably mucked up.

The other thing that age has taught me? Everyone appreciates being appreciated. Two of the men I work for are always very gracious and appreciative - a sincere thank you goes a long way. The other two wouldn't thank you for singlehandedly saving a tall building from going up in flames. I get paid the same for working with any of these gents - guess which two get most of my time and effort?

Anywhoo, I'll be sitting on the patio of Kimos drinking a cold beer in 4 days and 6 hours . . . not that I'm counting or anything . . .

8 Comments:

Blogger maggie moran said...

You know, I'll never figure out why people are so mean at work. You bet I go out of my way for those who treat me human, but it is my nature to be nice to the butts, too. Can you hear them singing, "I'm just a gurl who cain't say no!" with dialect? :)

How many day, how much more time...

2:24 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

You are absolutely right about co-workers! I always help out co-workers who are appreciative of me helping them out.

I am counting down to my three day wknd and seeing my babies! I can't believe it's already Memorial Day wknd!

4:32 PM  
Blogger LA said...

You'll get the last laugh when you're drinking Pina Coladas on the beach.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the one thing I like about sales. I'm not dependent on my coworkers to achieve my sales results, and as long as my manager has my back, everything works out fine.

In case I forget, have fun in Maui. I'm looking forward to visiting family and friends, even if I have to spend a lot more on gas this year.

5:21 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

You're actually going to vacation someplace that is colder than where you live!! (A wild concept from my perspective.)

I often think back to my one trip to Hawaii. It was beautiful. But so far away.

Hope you have fun!!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

I couldn't agree more. I'll pay you $10 if you put "A lack of planning on your part does not equal an emergency on my part" on your e-mail signature....

Have a wonderful trip, I wish I could go with you.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Maui bound... yer one lucky girl!

5:09 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I'm envious--I also don't know how many times I used the "poor planning" quote (and to be fair, there's been times it has been used toward me).

Have fun in Maui. Work has been crazy here too--I've been spending too much time in meetings with construction type of folks--I can't wait to head south next week and to spent the first week of June on the Carolina coast.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home