Thursday, May 22, 2008

High winds have played havoc with my gladiolas, causing a number of stalks to break, so I brought them indoors . . . it's not easy to find a container to accomodate yard long stalks of flowers!

The meds seem to be working, and after going to bed at 8 pm, today is looking to be a cheerier one. Well, except for the fact that I just threw my slipper at Hanna as she was trying to get a dish out of the sink to lick clean. She was neither surprised, nor particularly startled by this action. Remind me to pay more attention to training next time around . . .

By the way - did you see that a Northern California biotech company announced Wednesday that it will clone dogs for the five highest bidders in a series of online auctions? Opening bids start at $100,000 for the service being offered by Mill Valley-based BioArts International. The cloning process is to be performed by a South Korean scientist who suffered international disgrace after being found to have faked research. . . .

I love Nanners and Noodles, but you have GOT to be kidding me . . .

4 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. May you recover soon so that you can enjoy your time away (besides, flying with sinus problems ranks up there with root canals and doing taxes).

As for cloning dogs... there's something about designer dogs/children/clothes that raises my blood pressure

10:52 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Watching some baseball? =)

I agree with the cloning!!! Especially when there are so many good animals out there that need homes!

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They can clone the dog, but they can't clone it's personality. It just wouldn't be the same.

5:45 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Glad you're improving.

Yeah, I couldn't clone my beloved pets. They may look exactly like the original, but they're still not the original. Besides, there are plenty of homeless pets from which to choose. I love discovering little nuances to the adult animals I've adopted.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home