Monday, May 19, 2008



I remain obsessed with my gladiolas. I planted the bulbs maybe 6 years ago, and every spring I so look forward to the resulting flowers.


It's really foggy at the beach this morning, and hopefully that portends a cooler day. I've been gathering my stuff for my week in Maui, and for the life of me, I can't remember where I stashed my water bottle fanny pack that I want to bring with me for long walks. It's one of those things that always seems to be in my way until now, when I want to find it . . .


I stopped at Target last night for a fresh supply of sunblock and found out that spray on sunblock is all the rage . . . will this mean I'll finally be able to cover all exposed areas of my back? Sunburn test results to follow . . .


Does anyone else watch the Tudors on Showtime, Sunday nights? If you've been watching the show, or know anything about Henry VIII, things do not bode well for Anne Boleyn.


It's estimated that 75,000 came out to see Barack Obama in Portland this weekend. I think it's exciting to see so many people engaged in the election this year. More people need to pay attention to what's happening locally, nationally and internationally in the world these days .


Happy Monday, to one and all!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could say I'm going to have a good day. I'm sick but I should be fine tomorrow morning.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW the flowers look nice, but I have to admit I don't know anything about them other than the ones you buy at the florist, so please forgive me.

Have a nice day.

8:23 AM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

Hey gurl, you signed up for the Naming Homeplace Contest, but didn't name your homeplace?!? I thought maybe you were naming your place Calloway Dreamin'. ;)

4:16 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

We had flurries here today=(

6:47 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Have you ever driven around the east side of Maui? I took the drive once many years ago; part of the road was unpaved. (I understand it's now paved all the way around) It was the most beautiful drive I've ever taken. If you haven't done so I highly recommend it.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Grand Life said...

Your glads are beautiful. I love them but I have to dig them up in the fall here and I just don't have the patience. I used to love them in my grandmothers garden. On second thought, I really should give them a try next year.
Have a great week.
Judy

8:06 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Barack Rocks!!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home