Thursday, May 08, 2008





Summertime . . . and the reading is easy . . .


I've been loading up my iPod over the past few months with all kinds of good books to enjoy this summer. Yesterday I downloaded Thirteen Moons by Charles Frasier for the Southern Reading Challenge.


I've also recently become addicted to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Number series. After blowing through Seven Up and Hard Eight, I decided I'd save a few for my upcoming trip to Maui and beyond. Loaded onto the iPod are: To the Nines; Ten Big Ones; Eleven on Top; Twelve Sharp and Lean Mean Thirteen.


It's not all frivolous. I also have John Adams by David McCulloch, Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston, and Bleak House by Charles Dickens downloaded.


Did I mention that I love all those gigabytes? Well, I do, so I've also stashed: Friend of the Devil by Peter Robinson, Please Pass the Guilt by Rex Stout, (a Nero Wolfe Mystery) , Life Class by Pat Barker, and Open and Shut by David Rosenfelt.


Here's hoping for lots of long walks along pretty paths and plenty of fair weather . . .

6 Comments:

Blogger Prunella Jones said...

It sounds like you are all prepared. I'll say a prayer for you to the weather gods to keep the skies clear for your vacay.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Diane, when do you leave for paradise? I want to join you!

10:12 AM  
Blogger sage said...

fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high...

Wow, that's a lot of books! I have the old style Ipod with only 4 megs of memory (but that's enough for 2-3 books, photos to share, and several hundred songs...

11:28 AM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

Sumertime...and the listening is easy! :D

12:08 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Is Hard Eight about playing craps, by any chance?

12:16 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Have you read Marley & Me? If not let me know, I have the audio book that I could send to you.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home