Friday, June 13, 2008


And this week's award for coolest t-shirt goes to . . . .
Me!
I left work early, stopped for lunch at a yummy Mexican restaurant, went to Petco for a 25 lb. bag of bird seed and some Dingo bones and headed home. One of the reasons it was slow at the office today was because a couple of the guys are down at the US Open at Torrey Pines in LaJolla. It's a beautiful course, but since we walked by it on day two of the 3 day 60 mile charity walk in 2002, every bone, muscle, ligament and tendon from my hips to my toes starts to ache when I see it.
I hope to get a bit of exercise this weekend, and maybe work in a bit of fun too. I'm invited to meet some folks for chicken wings and beers tomorrow, but these folks make me look like a lightweight, and I'm not sure I want to consume that many grams of fat and that many schooners of beer in one afternoon . . .
And what's up for you this weekend?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomorrow morning is the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The green flag drops at 6am PST and ends at that same time on Sunday morning. And I probably won't watch all 15 hours of it this year.

I started reading a non-fiction book last night and I'll probably read the rest of it during the race. I'll have more on that on my blog at some point. It's that "third project" I discussed earlier.

I hope you have fun tomorrow. Have a drink for us. :-)

5:00 PM  
Blogger sage said...

What's up for this weekend, unfortunately I've got a lot of catching up to do at work...

8:11 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Cute shirt!

I have a full weekend of sloth planned.

9:00 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Waiting for the phone to ring and hearing the words "Ava's coming..."

In the meantime, I had drinks and dinner with work friends last night. I've got a DVD for today, and I'm *supposed* to be in major cleaning mode for my mother's visit next month.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I've been feeling rather blahish this wknd. Just kind of bored with things for some reason.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home