Wednesday, June 11, 2008


Floras, floras, floras!
Best landscaping move of the year? Buying that pack of Nasturtium seeds somewhere. I planted them all over, and I have lots of pretty yellow, orange and red nasturtiums.
So what's going on this week?
We're on the cusp of the longest day of the year, which means we're rising about 5:30 am at Casa Diane. This doesn't necessarily mean I'm getting into work early, though. I find that my time at home in the morning is the best part of my day. I feed the girls, and have a cup of coffee. One big cup with Vanilla creamer mixed with half and half. We enjoy a nice walk, and then I come home and check my emails and the internet. Next up is a nice bath, and reading a couple chapters of my book - which right now is Dust, by Martha Grimes. Then off to work.
What's the best part of your day?

10 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

I too like the early morning...

7:40 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

WOW! You accomplish all of that before work?!? I get up, drink coffee, read blogs, get ready and am out the door in less than an hour.

My favorite part of the day is when I lay down at night and when I'm drinking my morning coffee.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

You are a wonder woman doing all that in the morning.

Now lets see, my best time of day, hummmmm... NOON! :o)

btw, bea-u-ti-ful flowers again!!

8:09 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

On weekdays, its a tie between driving home from work and laying down to go to bed. On weekends, its definitely the mornings. Just me and my coffee while my wife and kids are still asleep.

8:43 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

OMG - I WISH I could wake up that early and get all that done. Do you go to bed at 6:30pm like my mom? Right now, my favorite part of the day is my lunch hour. Since I work from home now, it usually includes a shower and some time with the dog.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Depending on when I go to bed, I wake up around 6:15 to 6:45, watch the news for a few minutes, read a few blogs, and then get ready for work. I usually do all of that in the space of about an hour.

My favorite part of the day is towards the end of the day. Business slows down just enough so I can chat with friends and the "work spouse" I told you about a few days ago.

10:24 PM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

That pack of seeds was well worth the 89 cents! ;)

My favorite part of the day - I have two. Morning coffee and bedtime when I ask for back. :)

6:44 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Nice color!!

Right now I am very happy just to have the horrible humidity gone!! We had 4 days of gross air.

12:55 PM  
Blogger LA said...

When I'm up at sunrise, when I rarely am, I do enjoy that part of the day. I really just like the nighttime, though. Sunset to sunrise.

5:07 PM  
Blogger TLA said...

This time of year, I like both early morning and twilight.

Its so much cooler and quieter at sunrise...getting up early and setting my motivation for the day makes me feel very productive.

I love evenings on my porch as well, relaxing with a book and a glass of wine and some music.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home