Sunday, June 15, 2008

I haven't been much inspired with my knitting lately, so I decided to join a "knit a long" on Ravelry, and this is the sweater that a few hundred of us are knitting.
I cast on yesterday, and am making pretty good progress.

The yarn is a slightly variegated seafoam green merino wool from Australia.
The girls and I had a kick back day watching the US Open golf tournament. They napped and enjoyed some rawhide bones, I worked on my new sweater.

I finally finished listening to Prisoner of Birth by Jeffrey Archer - a modern take on the Count of Monte Cristo. Many parts of it had me on the edge of my seat, and sometimes I'd have to stop listening for a bit because the suspense was killing me.

Overall, a very nice weekend. Hope your's was too.

12 Comments:

Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

The girls sure do look comfy. I had a nice weekend too.

10:03 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I kinda hope that Rocco guy beats Tiger, just cuz I like the name Rocco.

Oh, and did I mention my mother is the Tiger Woods' biggest fan? That factors in, too.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

My wknd went way too fast, but they all do! The girls do look really relaxed! I also think the knit along is a good idea to get you motivated to knit more.

3:55 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Your two girls look about as interested in watching golf as I'd be! So, you don't think my new profile pic looks rednecky? It's at least cooler looking than my winter x-country ski shot.

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, there was a golf tournament going on? Just teasing. The 24 hour race was great and Father's Day was nice, too.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I am always astonished by how people knit so beautifully. I can't even braid my hair without it looking messy.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

dan - I hope u had a nice dad's day!

la - the played Tiger even for 90 holes, then lost in sudden death, but he did us 40 somethings proud!

kat - hope your kitties are well!

sage - I actually like to watch golf sometimes! I think I read your blog too much to think any photo of you looks like a redneck

rob - God bless you for being the one person in AMerica who watched that . . .

prunella - some of the women on this site knit so much better and neater than I do, it's kind of embarassing . . .

2:25 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Rawhide bones worry me, Diane. I've heard some scary stuff. Please watch the girls carefully when they chew them.

6:59 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I'm so bummed Rocco lost!

I swear, Tiger made a deal with the devil. That guy leads such a charmed life.

7:59 PM  
Blogger LA said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't the only one. It just seemed like it. My upstairs neighbor, a fellow racing fan, also watched a few hours of the race too.

9:16 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

I was also hoping Rocco would win. Not that I do not admire Tiger's talent, but he kept throwing his club to the ground after bad swings.

Very unprofessional.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home