Thursday, June 12, 2008


More pink calla lilies!
For those of you unfamiliar, South Coast Plaza is the best shopping mall in Southern California. The stores range from Sears to Saks Fifth Avenue, and everything in between. The mall has greatly expanded over the years. When I was a kid, it went from May Co. at one end, to Sears at the other. In the middle was a Merry Go Round, that still draws in the kids. Since then, the mall has expanded so that the old corridor is (roughly) the top of a capital "I".
I've been gathering gift cards to South Coast Plaza for the last couple of years. I've received some generous gift cards at Christmas from the folks I work with, and one of them was kind enough to show his thanks for our hard work over last week and this past weekend by giving out some additional gift cards.
In reviewing my stash, I now have - can you believe it - One Thousand Dollars (!!!!!!) - to spend at South Coast Plaza!
Possible extravagant purchases include:
A new camera
An HDTV for my bedroom
A new sewing machine
Possible practical purchases include:
A new energy efficient refrigerator
Or I could ride the Merry go round a few hundred times.
Oh, the mind boggles . . .


7 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Holy crap! That's like winning the jackpot. Have fun shopping!

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool. Just make sure none of those gift cards have expired.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I would go for the tv or a new camera! You are going to have fun spending that money!

6:56 PM  
Blogger sage said...

WOW! Camera or the merry-go-round, hard choices... With the camera, you can post more photos and we will all win!

7:54 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Sweet! I envy you.

9:44 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

The fridge will pay for itself in a few years, (especially if you have an older model sitting in your kitchen now.)

6:54 AM  
Blogger Maryannwrites said...

Diane, I vote for the merry go round. :-)

Seriously, gift cards are for gifts, not necessities. Unless it is a necessity that you wouldn't mind receiving as a gift.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home