Friday, June 20, 2008

A Pink Hibiscus for a Friday . . .

My horoscope for today:
"Upcoming travel plans are on your brain today, and they could be distracting you."
'tis true. I have my trip next Wednesday to NYC bubbling away in my little pea brain. What to pack? What will the weather be like? Will my niece bring appropriate clothing and good walking shoes? (After I left her a lengthy message describing what she should bring, the response was "So, I should pack some shorts and tank tops?") When we are in Little Italy, should we eat at Angelo's or Taormina?
Here's the thing - in my first two visits to NYC, I managed to avoid taking the subway. This time I'm ready to take the plunge - I found a very cool website - hopstop.com. Plug in any two NYC addresses, and it give you detailed subway directions to get from one location to the other.
Sometime over the weekend, I will be forced to withdraw from my latest addiction - listening to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Number series. In the past week, I've made it through Ten Big Ones, Eleven On Top and Twelve Sharp, and I am in the middle of Lean Mean Thirteen. They just released Fearsome Fourteen, but then I will have run the series - at least those that are available unabridged as audiobooks.
They are alot of fun and the reader is awesome.
I think I will need another audiobook to transition me before I will be ready to feed my brain with David McCulloch's John Adams . . .
TGIF!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

The airline new rules about baggage makes it tougher to know how to pack... I'm heading out Tuesday for SFO, will be in meetings for 3 1/2 days, then heading to the Sierras and Northern NV. I can't wait!

2:51 PM  
Blogger LA said...

To me, the trickiest thing about the NY subways is when you come out of the underground station, you are kind of disoriented. You could easily end up walking a block in the wrong direction. Otherwise, it's a snap. Hopefully, it won't be humid.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I agree with la, the hardest part about the subway system is when you get off or when you are switching subways at the large stations like Union Square. I've gotten on going in the wrong direction before, but you can just get off at the next station and hop on the right train. I prefer the subways over the buses, but it's also fun for people who haven't been to NYC to ride the buses so they can look out the window.

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home