Sunday, July 20, 2008


I had a lovely weekend, and hope you did too! Some highlights:

  • Watching a large pod of dolphins frolicking in the surf during Saturday's surf contest
  • Putting together a bouquet of flowers from my garden, including Peruvian Lilies, roses and Calla Lilies, for my brother to take to his girlfriend
  • Seeing some friends I hadn't seen for awhile, including a couple I introduced who are now married with 2 kids
  • Catching up with a friend who just got back from a safari in Botswana
  • Lolling about in bed Sunday morning watching the British Open and working on the lace pattern in my sweater
  • Watching the Angels sweep a three game series with the Sox
  • Figuring out how to back up my computers to an external hard drive
  • Increasing my brain teaser score on a game I downloaded to my iPhone
  • Finishing Janet Evanovich's Two for the Dough, and starting Three to Get Deadly
  • Sitting on my front porch watching a woman meditate
  • Sitting on my front porch watching kids fly kites
  • Listening to the dogs snore

11 Comments:

Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I traveled and it wasn't too hideous.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

pru is back in so cal!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

That really does sound like the perfect weekend to me!! Are you looking for a roomate? I could handle living at the beach...=)

3:59 AM  
Blogger sage said...

As nice as your weekend sounds, it looks like your pooch had a better one! I hope her snoring wasn't too loud. As always, your flowers are beautiful.

4:18 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Diane where do you get these games for the iPhone? I think I need to know.

1:19 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Diane the matchmaker!!

2:45 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I've come to believe you have more hours in your weekends than I do. Are you stealing my time?

Sounds like a fab weekend. Did the brother's girlfriend appreciate the flowers?

7:06 PM  
Blogger THN said...

Seriously, did the Harbor House burn or something?

11:35 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

THN - there was a problem with some wiring I think, but they were open again the next day.

6:18 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

You need to publish a book on how to get so much done in a weekend. I feel like a lazy slob next to you!

4:34 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Awww...Hanna!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home