Thursday, July 31, 2008



My current favorite websites are the Polar Bears Cam at the San Diego Zoo and Pandora, an online radio that plays a cool selection of music, and that I was also able to download and access from my iPhone.

The San Diego Zoo polar bears are the happiest and most active zoo animals I've ever seen. There are three bears - brother and sister Kalluk and Tatqiq, and unrelated female Chinook. Before last year, when Chinook's sister , Shikari, died, they kept the bears separated into sibling pairs. They successfully introduced Chinook to Kalluk and Tatqiq, and the three bears seem to have a blast. The best time to watch them is in the morning or early afternoon.

Pandora.com is way cool. Type in the name of a favorite artist, and they will set up a "station" for you with that artist, and similar artists' music.

My other current favorite form of entertainment is watching Season one of Californication, a Showtime original series starring David Duchovny, that I downloaded off of iTunes. The main character, Hank Moody, manages to fall into bed with a handful of nubile young beauties in every episode. How they've managed to find this many actresses in LA with natural breasts, I'll never know.

My final current, cheap thrill (besides that glass of pinot grigio from the bottle my downstairs neighbors bought me at the 99 cent store), is the eReader on my iPhone. One of the books it came pre-loaded with is Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs. It's actually not too bad reading a book in that format. The print is clear, and you turn the page with a quick flick of the finger. Tarzan (or white ape in the ape language), is about 10 where I currently am in the book, and he just killed a gorilla with a knife he found amongst his parents belongings . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Pinoit Grigio (sp) is DEF my fav!!! I had some after work tonight..

6:09 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Pandora is my favorite musical discovery of the year!

9:11 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I totally dig Pandora. And I can't wait to get my iPhone. My RAZR is charging right now because, as it does about every 18 hours. Grrr.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home