Saturday, July 19, 2008


My first completed hat for charity that hopefully will keep a person in need warmer this winter.
I downloaded the 2.0 upgrade to my iPhone today, and it is pretty cool. My phone is now more compatible with my work email, and also has some nice additions, like an eReader for reading books on the phone. In fact, you can download the complete works of Shakespeare for free!
I'm watching No Country for Old Men, and trying to decide if I can justify eating anything for dinner, having had a chili size and fries for lunch. I have to admit that it was worth every calorie and fat gram.
Most of my friends were knocked out of the surf contest in the first round of heats, but my brother made it to the second round, so was happy with that. The sun never came out today, and it's been chilly enough for a sweatshirt most of the day.
And since I read No Country for Old Men, I know this will movie will not have a happy ending . . .

5 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Your brother must be a good surfer to make the first cut--good for him!

Will your hats be auctioned off?

9:45 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Sage - he is a good surfer - been surfing for more than 40 years!

With the knitted items, the Knitters for Obama group has made contact with shelters that offer services to homeless veterans in a number of states (including Michigan), and will deliver about 100 items to each shelter with a hand written note thanking the veteran for his service and sacrifice. There may be a card included noting the item was donated by Knitters for Obama, but they try to be low key, and not polticize the donation.

With luck, they get some local publicity about the donation, and thus, good publicity for the campaign. During the primaries they donated more than 1000 preemie baby caps in key states such as Pennsylvania, and got some nice local news coverage about the group's postive response to Obama's call for more service to the community and the country.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Love the color of the hat!

Good for you to be doing a wonderful service for our country. I've always wanted to knit and may start this winter. My problem is I get bored easy but this is for a worthy cause; that will keep me motivated.

10:54 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I found the book much better than the movie.

Everyone has an iPhone! Im so jealous!

5:37 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Download Shazam. It's free - it can listen to a song playing, tell you what it is and who does it, and give you a link to d/l it off iTunes! Amazing.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home