Tuesday, July 15, 2008


So I got started on my first Knitters for Obama charity cap. Yesterday I picked up a bunch of yarn in a washable wool blend, and in the mandatory masculine colors. It's coming along pretty quickly, and is a nice semi-mindless alternative to the lace pattern on my sweater. Hopefully, I'll get a few hats and scarves knitted between now and Labor Day, otherwise my male friends, relatives and slight acquaintances will once again receive knitted items from Auntie Diane for Christmas.
Currently on my reading list are Thirteen Moons by Charles Frasier (for Maggie's Southern Reading Challenge) on my iPod, Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich in hard copy, and Swan Peak by James Lee Burke in my car. Oddly enough, both audible books are read by the same man, Will Patton. Fortunately, I enjoy his reading style. Actually, I'm enjoying all three books and will post my review for the challenge hopefully this weekend.
I'm excited about a couple of movies coming out - The Dark Knight and the X-Files movie. Ok, so the only two movies I saw in the theater all of last year were Into the Wild and Lars and the Real Girl, but I'd like to check out Heath Ledger as the Joker this weekend.
The All Star Game is in extra innings and I don't care enough to see if the American League can pull out a win. Say good night Gracie!

7 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

What will happen to the Obama hats you knit? Are they raffled off?

I forgot all about the All-star game last night as I was cleaning up from a dinner party I threw for my board. 15 innings--sounds like Yankee stadium doesn't want to go away.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

sage - they have made contact with shelters that offer services to homeless veterans in a number of states (including Michigan), and will deliver about 100 items to each shelter with a hand written note thanking the veteran for his service and sacrifice. There may be a card included noting the item was donated by Knitters for Obama, but they try to be low key,

with luck, they get some local publicity about the donation, and good thus, good publicity for the campaign. during the primaries they donated more than 1000 preemie baby caps in Pennsylvania, and got some nice local news coverage

5:57 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I love that color. Is that indigo blue?

The Batman movie is one of the few I'm interested in seeing.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

The knitting charity is such a cool idea! Also, can't wait to hear your thoughts on Thirteen Moons. I love Charles Frasier!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Love your knitting and what Barack's campaign is doing.

Also love the color!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I also want to see the new Batman movie!

6:09 PM  
Blogger LA said...

The Dark Knight looks great, and it's a genre totally out of character for me. But Ledger's performance looks so compelling just from the ads that I'm planning to catch it.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home