Thursday, August 21, 2008


Hopefully, this is how the girls and I will be spending this weekend, taking it easy at home . . .
Hanna is doing well, and they have started cutting back on the opiates, so that she can come home tomorrow from the hospital. She's pretty groggy, so they advised against a visit from me. Samantha and I took advantage of Hanna's absence this morning by NOT getting up at 5:30 am.
When I got home last night, I decided we should do something different, so after Sam got her dinner, we walked to a local restaurant with outdoor dining. I had dinner and some Pinot Grigio, and Sam was a big hit with the other diners. When she first came to live with me 3 years ago, such an outing would have terrified her, but she's come out of her shell quite a bit. She's not nearly as sociable as Hanna, but now she's comfortable being around lots of other people.
Sam's a bit quiet with Hanna MIA, but overall, she's handling the separation well.

4 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Glad Hanna is doing well. The other week I was walking with Trisket and had to go to the back. I left him out front, his leash tied to a column, when the manager who had seem me walk by with the dog told me to bring him on in. I went out and got him and he marched in like he was really important, sitting at attention by my side.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I really hope everything turns out ok. I keep thinking about your babies! I am really, really missing mine!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Glad Samantha is doing OK, and I hope Hanna has an easy transition coming home!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Hope you and the girls have a nice weekend.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home