Sunday, August 17, 2008

I had a very nice day yesterday. I ran some errands in the morning, and picked up the ingredients to make up some Spicy Peanut Chicken.



I also took the Jessica Fletcher out for a spin along the beach, and stopped on my way back for a wine spritzer (or three) at my local pub. With new 0wners, the old time biker bar/locals hangout now takes credit cards, and has wifi access. Not everything has changed though, (though it does smell better since they re-did the plumbing), and my friend who bartends there asked why I hadn't brought the dogs with me. (Don't tell the health department, but they let you bring your dogs into the bar). Hanna loves going in there (they have bowls of peanuts that get tossed to her), so maybe next Saturday I'll take her down for a beer. No need to shell the peanuts, Hanna eats them shells and all, or what I like to refer to as "roughage".

When I got back, I caught up on some of my DVR recorded shows. Besides an old episode of Diagnosis Murder (how can you go wrong with Dick Van Dyke?), I caught up on recent episodes of two of my favorite shows, Burn Notice and Psych. The USA network is probably the network that gets most
of my tv watching hours each week.

The girls and I are hosting some friends for ribs later . . .

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

4 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I am SO jealous! I would love to go for a bike ride on the beach! That really sounds like the perfect day!

7:59 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Wally would love to hang out at a bar! Psych was funny last week - it usually is. I'm bummed all the USA summer shows will soon come to an end.

10:34 AM  
Blogger sage said...

That chicken looks good, the ribs sound great and your day sounds wonderful!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Just getting caught up on posts. Hope the doctor's visit went OK today. You and your girls are in our thoughts! Take care!
(And I think we are TV kindred spirits.)

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home