Friday, August 01, 2008




This probably doesn't justify my failure to use public transportation, but . . .

According to the AP:

"A 40-year-old man who witnesses said stabbed and beheaded his seat mate on a Greyhound bus in Canada made his first court appearance Friday, while police offered no motive for the savage attack against the 22-year-old carnival worker. Vince Weiguang Li, of Edmonton, Alberta, has been charged with second-degree murder."



As I was getting back to the house last night from walking the dogs, my neighbor and her daughter stopped by to tell me how much they love my plumeria bushes, and how much joy they get from seeing them all in bloom, and taking in the lovely scent. I must say that this was one of the nicer compliments I've ever received! I was quite pleased.

This week has turned out better than I had anticipated, work wise, but I'm looking forward to this weekend. We'll be making a trip to the Vet tomorrow morning, and Sunday we are, (ok, I'm), invited to a 7 year old's birthday pool party. Though I may stop by (and I've already sent a gift), I'm probably not going to bring a swimsuit.
Next week promises to be a complete firedrill, for really no good reason except that this is how one of my colleagues does things. Inasmuch as he will bring in food every day to try to bribe us, I have that excuse to put of my diet for another week.

The Angels have been en fuego lately, sweeping the Evil Empire that you may know better by their Code Name - the Boston Red Sox* - in two 3 game series within the past two weeks. Since I've been a fan of the Halos for about 40 years, this gives me great pleasure. They took one game from the Yankees last night in NYC, and I look forward to 3 more games in that series this weekend.
What do you have planned?
*No offense, Flix!

7 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I'll be spend it with my family and my wonderful cats. I also planning on doing some reading, shopping and possibly catching a movie. I love the wknds!

4:50 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

A carnival worker named Li of Canada on a Greyhound bus? Enough said.

I've hosted a 7 year old's birthday pool party. Go on; make someone's day. They would love to have you drop by even if you've already sent a present.

The Angles were on fire last night against the Yankees!

8:02 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Diane, at least we can hate the Yankees together!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Ahh, we were at the vet's tonight, enough said. I'm taking my sister to visit the baby tomorrow, there's nothing more life-affirming than a baby, puppy, kitty, etc.

Sunday after work, I'm getting together with an old college friend and her family in town from Austin, TX.

9:31 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Your flowers are beautiful...

As for the pool party, I bet the 7 year olds would love having the dogs over for a pool party

5:38 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I don't get it - you don't want to party in the pool with a bunch of kids??

10:25 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Reading!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home