Tuesday, September 02, 2008

sweater done2

I accomplished my goal for the weekend and finally finished this sweater! Of course, it's made of wool, so not suitable for wearing in So Cal for another three months . . .

Even though the holiday was yesterday, the office is deserted today which amplifies my lethargic work ethic.

I'm starting to totally dig the eReader on my iPhone. I finished Tarzan of the Apes and started a Miss Marple mystery while I was getting a pedicure. Tarzan is one of those books that you have to keep reminding yourself was written before anybody had heard the terms "politically correct." Now while I'm no expert on babies raised by animals, it seems to me unlikely that such a baby, when he had reached his teens, could stumble upon some books and teach himself to be a fluent reader and writer. It also seems unlikely that a child who had never spoken except in his native ape language would develop a fluent and charming way with French in about a month. (It's unclear what species of ape he lived with, but it seems to be some sort of missing link). It also seems unlikely that the spawn of a British fop and his wife would grow into a master hunter and fighter.

All that being said, the book did come free with the eReader.

Oh, and I did get a chuckle out of this cartoon my cousin sent me . . .


7 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oh, the sweater is bea-ut-i-ful! Love the color!!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Great sweater! I've been obsessed lately with audio books, I just can't get enough of them!

2:52 PM  
Blogger sage said...

That sweater is beautiful! You'll have to take a trip up into the mountains so that you can wear it sooner

2:55 PM  
Blogger jamie said...

Great sweater. And the perfect evening for one here in Iowa. :)

Lethargy was thick in my office today, too. Dang long weekends. Everyone comes back feeling more tired than they left...

5:10 PM  
Blogger LA said...

The sweater turned out really great. I love the way that lace looks.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

That looks professional! Holy Cow!

4:41 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

That sweater is so pretty!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home