Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I love Ravelry . . .


This online community of knitters and crocheters rocks hard. It's where I discovered Knitters for Obama, which now numbers 2689 members, (growing daily), which has knit and crocheted 1000 items for homeless veterans, and which has raised thousands of dollars for the campaign.


The choice by McCain of Sarah Palin has also spawned a few new groups . . .


Two pro-Palin groups -


The Sassy Confident Sarah Palin Ravelrers [sic]


Aiding Sarah Palin for Vice President is exciting and frustrating at the same time. Encouraging each other to be confident, sassy, and taking no crap from no - task here. [sic].


205 members, since Sep 4 2008


Palin v. Biden


This is a group to discuss the differences between both running mates and their prospective leaders of the 2008 election. [sic]


20 members, since Sep 5 2008


And my personal favorite


Sarah Palin Must Be Stopped


For those who *really* don't want to see this woman anywhere near the 48 continental United States, much less the White House. (And, it looks like Hawaii doesn't want her, either.)


916 members, since Sep 5 2008

6 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I'm just not a fan of hers at all! I just don't know what it is about that woman, I just don't care for her.

2:33 PM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

I'm so sorry for not picking the State of the Mule winner. Been in a little funk and trying to stay away from my laptop. But, that's no excuse! My hubby chose Wisteria's number. I'm sorry for that, too! :( We will pick for the extra books tonight. Good Luck!

Hanna looks good!

5:16 PM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

I love the cover of US News and World Reports this week! Check out the gun-toten Palin.

5:18 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I never knew kniters were so political :)

3:48 AM  
Blogger Little Fish said...

Have you heard of Crafting Liberally? I'm not sure if they have chapters outside of NYC

6:40 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Sage - Knitters *are* political! Hip, too.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home