Friday, September 12, 2008

My garden is a bit bedraggled these days, but my plumeria are still in bloom . . .


Hanna had a rough night, last night. In the early evening, she was clearly uncomfortable and restless. It got worse, with her pacing, and seeming to be in considerable pain. I called the Vet (they have a Vet there 24 hours a day), and after she conferred with the chemo doctor, it was determined that the problem was likely not arising from the chemo, but from the aspirations in the surgery area, which were causing her pain. So, at 9 pm I headed out for doggie pain medication. It did seem to help, and she seemed a bit better today.
Not all news this week was bad. I found out I was the lucky winner of some hand dyed sock yarn and hand made soaps from a Knitters for Obama raffle. For every five dollars you donated to the campaign thru the KFO link, you got one raffle ticket to apply to about 40 donated (mostly) knitting related prizes. The raffle raised over $8500 for the campaign . . . and . . . I won a prize! They are now starting up another raffle.
I was 11-5 in my football picks last week, and hope to improve this week.
And kudos to the ladies on The View for being some of the few tv personalities willing to really grill John McCain. Rock on Barbara, Joy and Whoopi!
A few months back, I was looking for some suggestions of books, and LA recommended Youth in Revolt, and Sage recommended The Monkey Wrench Gang. Just started with both books, and thanks to LA and Sage for the recommendations!

9 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

I can't wait to hear what you have to say about Edward Abbey. I hope you like "The Monkey Wrench Gang" and I pray Hanna gets better soon

5:48 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I hope Hanna is doing better, the poor girl!

4:40 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Diane,

I haven't had too much time to visit my favorite blogs lately. I'm sorry to hear about Hanna, and I hope she gets better and is not in so much pain.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

♥Hanna♥

xoxo

3:12 PM  
Blogger LA said...

How's Hanna feeling today?

6:46 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

That was really the first time I have been excited to watch the view since that episode where Barbara Walters accidentally used the F word during an interview with Martha Stewart.

Hope the weekend was better for Hanna

7:15 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Poor Hanna...I hope she feels better soon!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

I hope Hanna is doing better.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Hey, how's Hanna doing? Keep us updated!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home