Tuesday, September 16, 2008



Sunday morning I headed over to the Bolsa Chica Wetlands for a hike. This time of year, there was not much wildlife, but I did get a couple photos of this Snowy Egret, and - drumroll please - this squirrel.

Hanna's doing well. The prednisone is making her very thirsty, so we are going through many bowls of water, and making lots of potty runs. And, with her stitches all healed, she got a bath today.

My football picks this week were a disaster. Next week I'm using a chimp to pull names out of a hat. Odds are my correct picks will improve with that trick.

I've lost a few pounds with Jenny Craig, and am adjusting to the program. I went in Saturday morning, and had a different consultant. She was a tad less annoying than the first one. My goal is to come up with a few pat comments/answers for each session that make it appear I'm contributing to the conversation, but leave no room for follow up inquiries.

Oh, and on Mad Men - Betty Draper is a beeyotch!

9 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

Aah...the squirrel. Wally's nemesis. They taunt him all the time and he loves to chase them.

As for Betty, she is being a bitch, but then again, Don is a cheating liar.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - that's what the neighborhood cats do with Hanna!

Good point about Don . . . but still! I'd hate to have the kids stay with her - she's psycho!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Forget Betty. What about poor Joan? For once I had feelings about her that weren't elicited by her walk. What a raw deal.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

ryan - Joan is the Marilyn Monroe for 2008. I did kind of feel bad for her too.

BTW - is she an early version of a cougar? How old is her intern husband supposed to be?

12:25 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I fucking hate Betty Draper.

It's funny, people are really divided about her after this week's episode. Lots of Betty convo on all the Mad Men boards I read in the past 36 hours.

Joan's fiance is 34 and Joan's 31, it was established in an earlier episode this season. I love Joan, she's one of my top 3 characters (Don and Sal being the others, and that swine Roger is a close 4th).

Glad Hanna feels well. Good luck tomorrow.

5:44 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I love the egret! Sorry about the NFL picks, but then you'd probably do better than me

5:48 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Congrats on loosing a few pounds on Jenny Craig! Every little bit helps.

6:52 PM  
Blogger jamie said...

Great pics!! We have lots of squirrels around the building I work in. I am on the road right now, but after looking at your picture, I can't help but think about the sad little squirrel with no tale that wanders around the building!! :)

12:02 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Hooray for foiling Jenny Craig!

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home