Thursday, October 23, 2008



Check out this video on the election from Ron Howard, Henry Winkler, and Andy Griffith here. It's pretty funny.


So what's up this week? We got word yesterday that a big project I'd worked on came back with an excellent result! My boss and the client are very, very happy.


In about 2 1/2 weeks, I'll be making my semi-annual pilgrimage to worship at the feet of Roger Daltrey and Pete Townsend. Yep, the Who are coming to LA in early November and will be playing at the Nokia Theater, a venue I've never been to before. Please, please, please let them play Love Reign O'er Me. With Paul Newman no longer with us, Daltrey gets my vote for sexy senior citizen.
Here they are performing another favorite, Baba O'Riley at the Concert for New York just after 9/11. Those members of the NYFD clearly dig the Who as much as I do.



And here we are in New Orleans, at LaFitte's Bar - established in 1762. There are a few upgrades, but it is still lit at night primarily by candles. When you take a mule drawn carriage ride through the city, they pull up in front of LaFitte's, and a waiter comes out and takes your drink order. (Daiquiri, please!).

11 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

After the week I've had I can't wait to feel better so I can go on my vacations next month! I'm heading to NYC to visit my aunt and Charleston, SC to visit my cousin.

Now if only this stupid kidney stone would be done with already!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

kat - sounds great! I love NYC and would love to visit Charleston, too.

Hope you feel better soon.

3:17 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I finally got to watch the Ron Howard video--it's funny. I may have to steal it as Howard's head and hair (or the lack of it on top) is a lot like mine!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

sage - even so, I'm not sure I'd recommend the wigs Ron was sporting!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Great pic of you in 'nawlins!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

Saw the Howard/Griffin spot reported on the news or ET last night. Great spot.

Have a great time at the Who concert.

A Daiquiri is in order, indeed. But only one. 'Nawlins can lead you to some serious mischief.

Great photo.

2:05 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I hear the Who are still phenomenal live. Color me environmentally conscious with envy.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Cute picture!

8:36 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Congrats on all that hard work paying off. Nothing better than a happy boss and client.

I know you'll have a great time at The Who!

10:50 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Check out this video on the election from Ron Howard, Henry Winkler, and Andy Griffith here. It's pretty funny.

Good stuff. Honestly, I didn't know Andy Griffith was still with us. I like how Howard handled this.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

karen, tiffany - thanks!

ryan - they do still put on a really good show!

la - glad you liked the video - I thought it was well done, too

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home