Friday, October 24, 2008

Five days and counting, and my Obama car magnet has yet to be stolen or defaced!

It even survived the car wash.

My new favorite store for women's clothing is New York & Co. - good prices, the pants come in a "Tall" version, and the pants fit me well. I'm pleased to say I bought two pairs today - on sale - and reduced to $15/pair, and that I bought them in a size smaller than last time!

Weather has been kind of strange here in Mayberry-by-the-Sea; foggy in the mornings, but quite warm during the day. Last night about 3 am brought a cacophony of sounds. First a car alarm that woke me up, but when that stopped, I could hear the surf pounding on the shore . . . that was a much nicer sound to listen to the in the dark.

Hanna has tossed aside her old tendency to rise with the sun. Now we rise WAY before the sun. She's been getting me up about 5 am, and here's the thing. Because I know she has to go to the bathroom more often because of her increased thirst and hunger, and I know she is also always hungry, I'm letting her boss me around at times when I would have just told her to go away. So basically, Hanna is really working that whole "hey, I have cancer" angle.

My weekend is looking pretty open and free, and it won't be a disaster if I don't work, so I'm looking forward to some good leisure time.

Anybody going to a Halloween party this weekend, and if you are, what is your costume?

8 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

No Halloween party, but I usually coordinate with Fred's costume (yeah, I know). He is a "patriot" this year, so I'm thinking I'll just wear something red, white and blue. :)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

tiffany - photos, please!

3:05 PM  
Blogger sage said...

No halloween parties, but if I did, I'd go as Ron Howard! Listening to the sound of surf is very relaxing.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

No Halloween party, but I am going to Vegas this Sunday for several days. But then again, going to Vegas is like Halloween all year round.
I hope your Hanna is doing well.
PS. I have the same car magnet, and it has been left alone for almost a month now! Obama/Biden 2008!! Yahooo!!

8:21 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Congratulations on getting to buy a smaller size! That's always a good feeling.

No Halloween parties, but I've always wanted to get a good Stewie costume so Wally can come with me as Brian the Dog.

10:56 AM  
Blogger LA said...

No Halloween parties for me, but my sister was Rosie the Riveter.

Congrats on the pants size!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I'm thinking of carving a letter in my face backwards and going as a genius.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I love NY&CO's pants!!! I have four pairs that I wear to work constantly...actually two of them really need to be replaced.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home