Thursday, November 27, 2008





Happy Thanksgiving! (My turkey should come out looking so good . . .)


Dinner is at my house, so the family and a couple friends should be stopping by today. I have mixed feelings about the holidays this year. The economic crisis has me concerned about spending, Hanna's illness has me in the dumps a bit, and I'm not much in the mood to celebrate, but here we go, ready or not!


I'm grateful to have my health and a job that pays my bills, and the support of friends and family. I'm particularly thankful to those of you in the blogosphere for giving me an outlet to express my ongoing distress over Hanna's condition. I tend not to share my feelings with others in real time, so I have truly appreciated the kind words, thoughts and support from all of you the past few months . . .


So, let's eat, drink and be merry!




In honor of the big girl, today we are drinking Hanna wine!

5 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

We're going to someone else's house--so I'll let him smoke the turkey. My additions is yeasted rolls, sweet potatoes and creamed spinach. Have a happy Thanksgiving, Diane, and we're all pulling for Hanna.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I hope you have a good Thanksgiving, and that Hanna gets lots of treats under the table.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Great idea about the wine!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

3:31 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving, Diane! Where did you find the wine?

9:45 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Glad to hear you're perservering through the holidays despite the downers

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home