Tuesday, November 04, 2008


Indeed, I did!
For the first time in nearly 30 years of voting there was a line out the door! My polling location wasn't too bad, but another location about a mile away, had a line down the block! I know there was at least one other like minded person voting about the time that I was, and I was happy to see so many young people there participating in the process.
I was also happy to see that the weather had cleared - when Hanna headed out at 4l45 am to go potty, it was raining pretty hard. Noodles, who is no fool, decided she'd wait for the 7 am potty run.
I'm cautiously optimistic. In 2000 I wondered how I could make it through 4 years of Bush, and in 2004, I wondered how I could make it through 4 more years of Bush. We did make it, but bearing a lot of wounds, and I hope that the healing can begin.
Oh, and I heard Palin on the radio decline to say how she had voted, citing to her right to privacy. Umm, Sarah, that would be the right to privacy upon which Roe v. Wade is based. To overturn Roe, the Supreme Court will have to find that the US Constitution does not contain any right to privacy. Ironic? Hypocritical? Not in Palin's world.

8 Comments:

Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

Hell to the yeah Diane! I voted too (Of course!) and my voting place was crowded, but it moved along nicely, I waited about 25 minutes, got my 'I voted' sticker and headed to the nearest Starbucks for my free coffee. Hey, it is the least they could do, right? I too was comfortable in the fact with the 2000 election that Gore had it, and could NOT believe that we would be in for an eight year NIGHTMARE of the
WORST motherf**king President/VP/Administration this country has seen. I want to believe there is a light at the end of this very dark tunnel. I want to believe that the majority of Americans want an end to this nightmare too. I will reserve the top of my lung screaming for tomorrow morning when I see that a new day will indeed begin! GO OBAMA/BIDEN!!! Whoop whoop!!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

Oh yeah......f**k Palin. ;)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Great point. I hadn't thought of that. Palin scares me more than all the faults of the other three combined.

10:44 AM  
Blogger sage said...

I didn't get a sticker when I voted!

I grew up being told you shouldn't vote for yourself... maybe she grew up the same way, but I seriously doubt it.

11:54 AM  
Blogger LA said...

We made it the last 8 years, but just barely. I knew it would be bad when GWB stole the 2000 election, but I couldn't have fathomed how dark the nightmare would be.

I strongly echo Leo's words.

We will, we will Barack you!

12:32 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Aargh...I can't concentrate! Why isn't it midnight yet???

1:10 PM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

Glad to know you had an easy time at the polls. We did too. There were more voters than I had seen there when the polls opened. Later in the day there weren't that many when I drove by.

Voting is important. I wear my "I Voted" sticker with pride.

Leo, an interesting idea.

Sage, maybe so.

I can hardly wait for this day to be over. No more political commercials.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I am so happy that this day arrived!!!!

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home