Monday, November 24, 2008

More and more, I only watch tv from the shows recorded on my DVR. It's convenient, and you can fast forward through the commercials. I've moved up to recording an ongoing series, instead of re-entering the info each week. These are the shows I currently regularly record:

  • 30 Rock - I actually watched last week's episode (with Steve Martin), twice, to catch all the funny dialogue
  • The Office - this show remains one of my favorites
  • Life on Mars - I loved the BBC version, but this USA version is good too. Sam Tyler wakes up back in 1973, still a cop, but back in his old neighborhood. The music is great!
  • The Mentalist - I am a huge fan of Aussie Simon Baker, and am pleased that his new show is good. I was worried it'd be a cheap knock off of Psych, but it's been good so far
  • Dexter - in its 3rd season, and it still hits a home run. Jimmy Smits as a none too ethical DA has been a good edition
  • Californication - I'm a few weeks behind on this one, but at some point I'll go on a Duchovny bender
  • Murder She Wrote - yep - re-runs from the '80s. It remains one of my favorite shows
  • Diagnosis Murder - Dick Van Dyke can do no wrong.
Last year at Christmas, Hanna kept trying to steal a purple stuffed teddy bear that my mother had bought for my niece. So, my mom bought her one of her own. Here she rests on it, after bringing it along on our afternoon walk on Sunday. A golden retriever came by to say hello, but didn't dare try to steal the teddy.

13 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Aww! She looks cute!!!

I miss having a DVR although I've been doing a lot more reading ever since I got rid of mine!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

what a cute dog. I really want a DVR. I just watched last weeks Office on Hulu.

6:28 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Hanna's cute! Do you not watch The Daily Show or Colbert Report? That's about it for my TV viewing and I don't catch them every day and never when they first come on which is between 11-midnight in the East.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Kat and Kelly -- thanks

Sage - you know I do watch those when I find the reruns. They are both great!!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

Hanna rocks!
I too have a DVR and watch most programs on that, which isn't that many anyway, but it certainly is THE way to avoid commercials on any network programming. I faithfully watch Stewart and Colbert. They are what I consider 'Must See TV'.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Jimmy Smits is amazing in Dexter. I honestly make use some fake tan, grow a moustache and try to pass myself off as Cuban because it seems like so much fun.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I have taken to only watching shows on hulu.com. That way I can watch whenever I feel like it, whole seasons at once.

I love the internet.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Chris Wilson said...

We have similar tastes in shows. After the Office, 30 Rock and Dexter, I have King of Queens reruns, Property Ladder, and Dog the Bounty Hunter. Oh, and of course The Ultimate Fighter.

12:04 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Hulu is awesome. Two of my shows just got canceled (Pushing Daisies and Dirty Sexy Money). I'm still depressed because Mad Men's season is over.

Simon Baker is seriously hot.

Hanna loves that toy!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Super cute pic!

Also, where is The Wire on your list? I thought you were a big fan. We've FINALLY started watching it. Love it!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hanna's a sweetie. Give her a hug and kiss from me.

5:25 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Great photo of Hanna! We watch a lot of the same shows, except Californication and Dexter cause I don't have the movie channels anymore. I'll have to watch them on DVD when they come out. I also only watch DVR'd stuff anymore. I can no longer tolerate commercials.

5:35 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Great photo of Hanna! We watch a lot of the same shows, except Californication and Dexter cause I don't have the movie channels anymore. I'll have to watch them on DVD when they come out. I also only watch DVR'd stuff anymore. I can no longer tolerate commercials.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home