Monday, November 10, 2008

My iPhone photo of the Who, not suitable for framing . . .


But you can see that our seats were pretty good. They played at the Nokia Theater, adjacent to the Staples Center in LA. It holds about 7,000 people, is pretty cool inside, and the acoustics are great.


I've seen the Who many times, but this time through LA, they seem to be especially enjoying themselves. Daltrey and Townsend have grown into an old married couple (in the best way), and a calmness and ease has made its way into their relationship. (I contrast this with the Rolling Stones. While Mick may be the best showman around, and the band puts on a fantastic show, it's always clear that Mick and Keith barely tolerate each other.)


They opened with Can't Explain, moved into the Seeker, played some obscure tunes, worked in two songs from Quadrophenia - 5:15 and Love Reign O'er Me, played the CSI hits, and worked in Tommy for the encore - Pinball Wizard and See me, Feel me/Listening to You. They finished the night with just Roger and Pete and Tea and Sympathy.


Both Roger and Pete looked great and fit, and my crush on Roger can continue unabashed from 1975 to the present.

6 Comments:

Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Oh you lucky, lucky girl! I've always wanted to see The Who. It sounds awesome! I'm glad you had fun.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

kEwL!

1:42 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I'm envious!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I haven't been to a concert in quite awhile...I really should plan to go to one soon!

4:42 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Sounds like a great time. The Seeker is one of my favorite Who songs. That's cool they played it because sometimes the lesser hits get missed by bands with a catalogue as huge as theirs.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Cool! I love the lights on this photo!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home