Friday, November 14, 2008




We have an It’s Pat who works on the same floor. It's always slightly unsettling when she comes out of a bathroom stall.


For some inexplicable reason, I always get big ideas about all the homemade holiday gifts I'm going to craft each year. This year, it's homemade soap. It took me awhile to hunt down pure lye to use with the soap making materials, but the experiment begins this weekend. I will likely be distributing these cherished bars of lavender and citrus scented works of art to all available friends and acquaintances, so if la complains about a skin rash in early 2009, you'll know why.


Hanna is hanging in there, even though she is losing interest in her peanut butter bone - a rubber bone with slots at each end that I stuff with baby carrots and peanut butter. This is one of her favorite toys, and customarily, she gets two in the morning and two at night. This morning, after she turned up her nose, Noodles got the extra goodies. Here's Hanna this morning, showing she can still do the regal look.



5 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Does your It's Pat have a name? You should ask to be sure. Or even better wait until it is in a stall and then kick the door open and yell "A HA!!!"

1:09 PM  
Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

That skit 'It's Pat' from SNL always grossed me out, and I cannot pinpoint exactly why, but it did. Is the person at your office named 'Jean/Gene" by any chance??

Your Hanna has always had such a regal look about her, she is such a lovely soul. You can see it in her eyes.

4:30 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I used to know a "Pat." The one I knew was a woman, and she had the most interesting background. She was a former nun who had a Ph.D. in archeology. Even though she believed in evolution, had left the church in a professional capacity, and was in a committed lesbian relationship, she was still a devout Catholic at heart.

I used to knit holiday gifts, too, but if I don't start them by August, they don't get done. BTW, I promise not to complain!

Hanna looks lovely! Did you try cottage cheese? It's easy on the tummy and "human food" enough that it sparks interest.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Glad to hear that Hanna is hanging in there!

I always have brilliant ideas about giving people homemade gifts but I never end up actually doing it!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Pretty girl!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home