Sunday, December 21, 2008


Is it time to move to a new town when you run into two guys you've dated in the past within 20 minutes?
Yesterday, while my car was being smog-checked, (it passed!), Sam and I walked to a nearby coffee hut to pass the time. I had a white chocolate mocha, Sam had a milkbone, and whined incessantly at the man at the next table who failed to share his bagel with her.
While we were sitting there, I looked up only to see Joe, a guy I dated a few times about 14 years ago. Turned out he wasn't really divorced from his wife . . .
Then, as we were walking back to the mechanic, I saw Bob pull into the parking lot with his dog. Bob and I had a fling about 12 years ago - he's ten years younger than me, and we've stayed friends over the years. I talked to him for a few minutes while the dogs played.
The bottom line? I was glad that I bothered to shower and put on make up before I headed out to the mechanic . . .

6 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Thankfully I didn't live any where close to any of my exs!

8:21 AM  
Blogger sage said...

At least you stayed friends with Bob! There's something sardonic about showers, smog checks and ex's.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

What are the chances???..........Yikes.

6:59 PM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

So was Joe still married? Nosy bloggers want to know? :P

11:10 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I don't know which is worse, running into exes or wearing makeup.

At least there were dogs involved.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is hysterical! I think I would have to die. Good thing for me, I have never had contact with my ex's. It helps me get over it and move on. I would hate to see that face(s) and be reminded of the past! Uugg!

Just another nosey blogger,
TracEy

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home