Wednesday, December 31, 2008


My New Year's Resolutions:
1. Drive Less! Walk, ride my bike and take public transportation more!
2. Plant more trees and flowers, especially native vegetation.
3. Take a class or two. Especially, photography, tap dance, and something in an area that could be a future career, like library science or teaching.
4. Work less at night, and on weekends. Keep my home and work offices neater and better organized.
5. Stop sweating the small stuff, and remember that most everything is small stuff.
6. Do my best, but remember, that even doing your best does not always mean you'll come out on top.
7. Be less judgmental, and kinder to all those I encounter in life.
8. Be open to new friendships and to love.
9. Maintain a healthy life style and weight.
10. Drink better wine!
Any others I should add to the list????
Late additions -
11. Be creative! Write, knitting and other needle crafts, make jewelry, sew, work with mosaics.
12. Tame Freddy!

7 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

I'd like to take a Photography class, too. I also like how you list "Drink better wine" above "live a better lifestyle."

1:22 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Cuss more?

Oh fuck, that's one of mine.

Drinking better wine sounds like a plan. HNY Diane!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

"7. Be less judgmental, and kinder to all those I encounter in life."

That is my resolution every year! I typically fail the first 15 minutes of each new year!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Smoke and Mirrors said...

I'd love to take a photography class!

I am trying to be less judgmental, or at least less outwardly judgmental. I doubt I can ever stop the commentary in my head, but I can verbalize less of it. ;)

Happy new year!

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Smoke and Mirrors is me, LA.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I really want to take a photography class and a cooking class thie year!

Best of luck!

6:51 AM  
Blogger sage said...

What, isn't tap dancing a career opportunity? Good resolutions. I don't drink much wine, but many years ago I decided life was too short for cheap beer!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home