Sunday, December 21, 2008


Sam and I did five miles along the coast today, and walked part of it along the beach, when it was a very low tide. It was a lovely day. Not too cold, and not too crowded.
I'm tied for the lead in the pub football pool, so fingers crossed for the last two games. The Chargers beat Tampa Bay and Buffalo beat Denver, so the winner of the AFC West will be determined next week when the Chargers play Denver. Yeah, the Chargers have had a terrible season but I'm thrilled they still have a chance to make the playoffs. Go Bolts!
On the NFC side, I gotta root for the Atlanta Falcons. A year after they were left for dead by the Michael Vick debacle, they are in the playoffs with QB Matt Ryan.
I finally decorated my tree today - two weeks after I bought it. Yep, it's been that kind of month.
Have I mentioned that I've become obsessed with cheese? Goat cheese particularly, followed by brie served with mango chutney. I'd eat it three meals a day, but even I know that's a bit much.
Short work week . . . . yeah, the holidays!

13 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

FINALLY the Bills won one!

5:41 PM  
Blogger goooooood girl said...

your blog is feel good......

5:48 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Kat - their season started out so promising

Goooooood girl - thanks, and thanks for stopping by!

5:58 PM  
Blogger sage said...

the beach is pretty... the Steeler's lost :(

6:18 PM  
Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

I would love to see Michael Vick have his face eaten off by one of the many dog's he abused/killed......
Patriots still kick arse without Brady, cool!.............
As for cheese,I could seriously eat it EVERY day, but I don't. :(

7:03 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Man, you are crazy football pool girl.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Yay for finally getting your Christmas tree decorated. I'm right there with ya. :-)

And I could eat goat cheese three meals a day as well. It just shows what good taste we have, I think.

Merry Christmas.

8:42 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Glad you're not a Lions' fan!

Crazy busy week, but at least it stopped raining and got a little warmer.

Happy days!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine a Christmas spent near the ocean and without snow covering the ground! I like that picture. Merry Christmas.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Have you ever had warm goat cheese on a salad of Arugula? You slice the log thinly and coat the slices of goat cheese in egg and bread crumbs then cook (saute) in oil. Serve on the salad with a basalmic dressing.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Happy Holidays, Diane!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

sage - the steelers are all over the place this season, but they did beat my Chargers!


leo - amen!

edit - it is a bit of an obsession on Sundays

princess - I was sure it was a good sign!

la - I look forward to sharing some holiday cheer with you!

mycynical - I'd love to some day enjoy a white xmas!

kelly - that sounds devine!

karen - you too!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home