Friday, December 12, 2008

When the tide gets really high in the Harbor, PCH tends to flood. It's only a bit flooded here, but on a good day, I've seen folks kayaking down the street.






This week has been hell, from a work perspective. Every day I've been slammed, yet accomplished none of the things on my list that had to be done. From now until December 23rd will be bad, but I'm hopeful the week between Xmas and New Years may be slightly better.





My plans for the weekend are:





  • decorate the tree




  • put up my outdoor lights




  • walk with Sam




  • buy Target gift cards for needy kids




  • get in the NFL pool




  • knit, (and drink wine), with my neighbor, the mother of Louie, the rat terrier




On a sad note, I picked up Hanna's ashes from the Vet today. Now I have the remains for both Bailey the cat, and Hanna. When I am cremated and made into an Eternal Reef, I'll have their ashes added to mine.








3 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

I have a pretty busy weekend, too, starting with snowboarding tomorrow morning for the first time this season. The mountain will probably be packed and I'll probably leave at noon. That leaves time for side projects, christmas shopping, and two parties on Sunday.

7:56 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I too have been hectic this season--with parties (another one in 30 mintues) and work and shopping and... May you do well with your picks and may the time between Christmas and New Years be special.

I never knew of those reefs--I like the idea (for the distant future). My dad brought graveyard plots from him and my mother as close as he could to water, saying that he wanted to be where, when there's an exceptionally high tide, he can feel water on his toes.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Work has been a pain in the butt for me too lately...

I just to have to be thankful that I have a job!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home