Friday, January 09, 2009




Sam makes her "scary face" as we wrestle . . .





  • TGIF! The weather is supposed to be high '70s at the beach this weekend, and I plan to get out and enjoy the outdoors, with some long walks or hikes along the coast and in the wetlands.

  • I have bought 4 books on parrots/parrotlets and I have no idea how to get Freddy to eat something besides his millet seed sprays. According to all 4 books, this means I am a failure as a parrotlet owner. I can't confirm that he ever drinks water, but I assume he'd be dead if the answer is no.

  • There is a picture in one book of a parrotlet identical to Freddy, and the author says it is a female. I'm not convinced, but his/her full name may be Winifred, rather than Frederic.

  • I have been in a bad mood for most of the week, primarily at work, but I did snap at my brother a couple of times. I have no particular excuse for this behavior.

  • My good moods have existed while I've been at home with Sam and Freddy, watching Midsomer Murder DVDs, knitting, reading and drinking wine - if only this would pay the bills.

  • My brother is going to install some additional lighting in my front room so that I can read or knit or see my hand in front of my face more than a few hours a day.

  • The kids and I have been spending alot of time in my bedroom because it's easy to heat, and Freddy is there and we're still working on taming him. Sam and I sit in a chair next to his cage while I talk to him, and Freddy eats - you guessed it - millet seed.

  • I've been reading alot of books - the Hamish Macbeth series by MC Beaton and the Detective Rebus seried by Ian Rankin - set in Scotland. I really, really want to go on a trip to the West Scotland Highlands next summer.

  • Any fans of "The Wire" won't be surprised by this news item: "BALTIMORE – Mayor Sheila Dixon was indicted Friday on charges that she accepted illegal gifts during her time as mayor and City Council president, including travel, fur coats and gift cards intended for the poor that she allegedly used instead for a holiday shopping spree."

  • I'm a big fan of "Dexter", and knew that the actor who plays Dexter has been dating the actress who plays his sister. They recently married, but when I saw this photo of the happy couple, all I could think of was, "guess he's not a boob man."

That is all.




8 Comments:

Blogger maggie moran said...

I'm shaking in my boots! Get that crazed dog outta here! * running away in wobbly boots* :D

4:03 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Scary face while rolled over with his feet in the air--real scary! lol As for that last photo, in a different outfit she could be a poster child for famine relief

7:15 AM  
Blogger buckyor said...

That woman needs a cheeseburger- or 50.

What's wrong with a bird eating millet seed, anyway?

8:36 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Bucky - sigh - it's supposed to be more of a treat than a primary food, but I'm just glad the little thing is eating. it's only been two weeks,

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dog is awesome.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

You aren't the only one who has been grumpy....I'e been extremely grumpy lately and really need to snap out of it!

I hope you were able to enjoy the beach some this wknd!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Catastrophe Waitress said...

gosh, i didn't know Michael C. Hall was married to the girl that plays his sister on Dexter!
strange.
it's like he's married the female version of himself. look how similar their bone structure is, their chest sizes too.

4:59 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

a) Sam is very cute, and b) although I wish the Dexter people luck, and I know it's just a tv show, it does sort of creep me out that they play brother and sister on screen.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home