Friday, February 13, 2009

I think I'm pretty critter friendly. I re-habbed and released Elmo, a mouse that Hanna caught a few years ago and tried to turn into a squeaky toy, and I fed and cared for Buddy, the baby starling, until I could get him to a wildlife rehab person.



But the mice living at my house are just laughing at me.

I get up about 4 am, woken by the noise of the mouse party going on outside my bedroom door. I turn on the light on the back deck, only to piss off the three mice that I actually saw. Apparently, they like to climb up into this metal, 3 dimensional sculpture on the back wall of the deck. This makes alot of noise. When the lights went on, one mouse emerged, gave me a dirty look, and dropped to the ground. I could hear another mouse in the sculpture, and a third mouse dropped into a potted plant and started squeaking at me.


That's right, I was being sassed by a small, black mouse. Frankly, I don't think I have to tolerate backtalk.

I think they are immune to the poison I've put out (and that they seem to eat), and not all of of them are dumb enough to enter the Victor Electronic tunnel of death.


Sam aspires to be the great mouse hunter, but without much (or any), success. Could a cat be in my future? Or will I just then venture into the world of Tom and Jerry?


And we know who always won that battle . . .

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris Wilson said...

Cats are great for mice but sometimes they bring them into the house and they get away and take up residence in your walls.

2:04 PM  
Blogger JuliaA said...

i have a cat. i got her because i had a mouse. my boyfriend has two cats, and he figured it would be nice for me to have one of his at my place. worked out great.

except when she found the mouse. she had great fun with it, chased it and carried it around in her mouth, tearing around the apartment madly. and putting it down, and then chasing some more. i got sight of the little mouse, and its hair was matted with cat spit, and otherwise unharmed. it got away.

first, though, i got a pic. it's the little tiny critter peeking out from the red floorpillow:

http://photos-g.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v129/236/91/502983011/n502983011_264486_265.jpg

the mouse never came back, though.

2:42 PM  
Blogger sage said...

"Frankly, I don't think I have to tolerate backtalk."

I confess, I was laughing harder than the mice!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I can't stand mice!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Ha--as I was reading, I was thinking the mice must be watching too much Tom & Jerry!

6:56 AM  
Blogger dit said...

You remind me of Dr. Doolittle. So cute, I have trouble hurting the mice too. Cute bird you are helping too.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Those mice can be pret-ty pes-ky to out maneuver.

Couldn't find an email address for you so will have to leave this here...

To keep my blog user-friendly for all my wonderful blogger buds, I have implemented comment moderation. I appreciate you, Diane, and always look forward to your visits!!

12:51 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I'm with sage, laughing harder than the mice at that line.

I'm also laughing at JuliaA's story.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

During the wholesale pandora beads World War II, Art Deco jewellery was pandora silver beads a very popular style among women. The females started pandora glass beads wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And cheap pandora beads such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used discount pandora beads long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold pandora beads sale rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead pandora earrings silver of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry pandora earrings sale today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and pandora sets triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long lines and curves.One cheap pandora sets example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco new pandora bangles ring.Art Deco rings have sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home