Wednesday, February 11, 2009



Wild Kingdom comes back to Casa Diane


Long time readers of Nanners and Noodles (hi, la!), will recognize the Victor" Electronic Rat Trap. Cold weather has been driving the beasties into the house, and the last 2 nights have resulted in 2 less mouses in the world. What I can't manage to eliminate is the rat that I can hear out on the deck at night . . .


Oh, and when I got home Monday night and opened the front door, I was greeted by a mourning dove in my living room. I did manage a successful catch and release.


I know I get cranky with work stress, but these are the news stories that are bugging me . . .


The Michael Phelps pot story. He's a college age guy who has devoted years to training. Does anyone really begrudge him a toke or two? C'mon now.


The crazy octuplet lady. The doctor who implanted 8 embryos should lose his license. Humans aren't meant to have litters.


On the good news side of things . . .


I'm making progress on my sweater


AND I'M GOING TO MAUI THE END OF MAY!!!!!!

And I'll go to the islands at least 14 lbs. less than last year!

And I got word today that I got a really good result for a client!





8 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

LOL!! The cold weather does drive them into the house. (Although NE mice may have a different defination of cold!)

Our daytime temps have been below freezing for about 30 days straight. Maybe more. We broke the cycle today with temps at 49º.

It felt like summer.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

flix! ltns, how the hell are you?

10:13 PM  
Blogger Catastrophe Waitress said...

what happens to them when they get inside that little departure lounge?
they get a plane ride, right?
transfers to a hotel?

2:51 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Good luck with the critters! The octuplet lady drives me crazy too, and I've said the same "litter" remark.

6:39 AM  
Blogger sage said...

The Mouse Witch! Sorry, couldn't help it. Hawaii sounds nice, congratulations on the success of your diet and your practice.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I'm really in need of a vacation! Congrats on the weight loss! I've lost about 5 and have 10 more to go...

4:09 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Maui sounds awesome!

It's warming up now, maybe the mouse and rat situation will work itself out.

Yeah, Michael Phelps, who cares.

Octomama needs to be committed, I'm deadly serious about that. There's a rumor floating that she landed a reality show overseas which would explain why she's looking at a million-dollar house yesterday.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

During the wholesale pandora beads World War II, Art Deco jewellery was pandora silver beads a very popular style among women. The females started pandora glass beads wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And cheap pandora beads such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used discount pandora beads long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold pandora beads sale rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead pandora earrings silver of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry pandora earrings sale today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and pandora sets triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long lines and curves.One cheap pandora sets example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco new pandora bangles ring.Art Deco rings have sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home