Thursday, March 12, 2009


Another day, another bird pooping in my front room.
Finished listening to John Grisham's The Associate. I admit I liked it, but that is kind of like admitting to liking Velveeta cheese. Grisham can write a good, tense novel, but there was no meat on this story's bones. No real danger, no real action, no real intrigue.
I'm on my third Joe Pitt vampire story - Half the Blood in Brooklyn. So far in this book, we've been re-introduced to Sela, the pre-op tranny vampire, and met Stretch, the midget carnival performer vampire, and Chaim, the leader of the Jewish vampires of Brooklyn. This is my sixth book by Charlie Huston in about a month. I do enjoy his dark humor . . .
Spent 25 minutes on hold with B of A trying to find out how much interest I earned on an account last year . . . only to learn it was less than 5 bucks, and need not be declared on my tax returns.
Appointment with my CPA tomorrow morning, and other than that, it's almost . . . TGIF the 13th!

7 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

That bird looks at home (I find myself trying to figure out book titles). 5 bucks don't sound like much, but at least my savings accounts are in the postive!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Oh, TGIF...the 13th or not!
Love the Grisham/Velveeta connection. I really enjoyed his books for a long time...then I felt like I was reading the same thing over and over again. So I took a little break but haven't gone back yet. :)
Happy weekend!

7:01 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

I hate waiting on the phone.

"You call is important to us . . . please stay on the line and the next available . . ."

8:14 AM  
Blogger Chris Wilson said...

John Grisham is like the Thomas Kinkade of the book world. I just can't wait for another unique one of a kind snow covered gingerbread house.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I thought I had left a comment on here, but maybe I didn't! My brain has been fried this week from work!

Hope you are enjoying your wknd!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

The Grisham/Velveeta analogy is spot on!

1:38 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Hey, did you hear that our President has picked Carolina to win it all?

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home