Monday, March 09, 2009




Daylight Savings Time has me all out of sorts - don't know if I'm coming or going. I think its effects are worse since they've moved it up from late April to early March. Even so, we prepared for the time change by sleeping in on Saturday morning.



A better sign of spring is that my garden is starting to recover. It looks like I'll have a bumper crop of gladiolas, and I have my first hibiscus flower of the season.


Friday night I hooked up with LA and my neighbor to attend a wine tasting and show and tell at our local yarn shop. After that, dinner at a great fish place and a bit more wine.



Thanks to the hot tip from LA, I dvr'd Letterman all last week because U2 was on every night. I don't get to see Letterman too often, but I did enjoy it, although the dvr would cut off in the middle of U2's song every night. . . . sigh . . . not sure if I'm sold on their new album yet.



I found a new, gritty vampire series - the Joe Pitt Vampire books by Charlie Huston. The story is that Pitt caught the virus from a strange man in the bathroom at CBGBs in NYC in the '70s, and has been part of the vampire sub-culture since then. In the books, Manhattan is divided into various vampire territories, controlled by rival vampire gangs/groups. Pitt is an independent walking the line trying to keep on the right side of the rival groups, while keeping himself "alive."


Found a new favorite recipe - zucchini cakes with parmesan chees and diavolo sauce - yummy!



Not much else going on . . . how was your weekend?





9 Comments:

Blogger Chris Wilson said...

I woke up this morning at 5 am like most days to go to the gym. It felt like someone punched me in the face.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I love that picture of her snoozing in bed!!! The daylight savings time messed me up too, although it was nice to have the sun up longer this evening!

6:42 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

I actually got to ski this weekend, and it was over 50ยบ!! Wahoooo!! My old race skis bit the shed this year, so I rent. The new technology is amazing.

Diane, would you consider posting that recipe?

8:17 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Flix - glad to!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Catastrophe Waitress said...

Diane those books sound interesting.
Have you finished reading the series? you said you found it 'gritty' but don't say whether you enjoyed them.

worth a read?

12:21 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

DST has been rougher on me this year, too! I'm loving the longer evenings, though, so I think it's worth a few days of sleepiness.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Projectivist - gritty and good. I like them a lot so far.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Daylight savings time... $@#*%$!

12:55 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I hate DST! Your dinner looks great, please post recipe.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home