Sunday, March 01, 2009

It was a lovely weekend here in Mayberry by the Sea. Having worked out the details of a big deal on Friday, I left work a bit early, and Sam and I headed over to our favorite outdoor cafe on the waterfront.

One advantage of sharing coconut shrimp with Sam is that the tails don't go to waste.

Saturday we took off and ran some errands.

We went to Petco for a new tank for Splish, (now 12), a bead store for some strings of pearls to use in jewelry making, and the grocery store.

Having been lazy yesterday, today we headed out early for a five mile walk, and since it was in the high '70s today, we stopped a couple of times to rest in the shade.

When we got home from our walk, I pumped up the bike tires, loaded Sam (for the first time), into the basket on the Jessica Fletcher, and we went for a bike ride.It was a tad awkward loading her in and out of the basket, but Sam did great! I lined it with a towel, and she didn't stress and was a brave buckaroo, kicking back and checking out everyone heading down to the beach for the day. Maybe next week we'll ride down to dog beach.

Took it easy this afternoon, and did a bit of shopping online. I love all the handmade things you can get on etsy.com - today I bought 2 hand dyed scarves for 10 dollars each from an artist in Australia. Shipping will be 5 dollars for both, but it's still a helluva deal.

How was your weekend?

8 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Gosh, that glass of wine looks amazing! Maybe if I'm feeling better tomorrow I'll have to stop at the liquor store after the gym=)

Sounds like you had a perfect wknd!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Sounds like fun! My weekend was nice, too, but this makes me want a bike with a basket. I'm not sure Fred would be as laidback as Sam, though. (Trying this comment a second time, so I hope it doesn't post twice.) :)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

What a fun weekend; your weather is much better than ours.

Now I'm off to check out etsy.com!

2:19 PM  
Blogger dit said...

what a nice weekend you had. We had a nice one too. Great photos too. Hope you are doing well.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Oy vey, it snowed here this weekend.

9:11 PM  
Blogger sage said...

The vision of you and Sam in the bike riding by Floyd's barber shop and waving at Barney as he writes parking tickets is too much...

My weekend was great--I was in Merida, a wonderful city, the capital of Yucatan.

6:04 PM  
Blogger kookla@work said...

Long time, no read, Diane!

As always, your weekends sound heavenly. It's nice to see and hear that someone is living the good life. 2009 has been a rocky start for us.

Sam's adorable.

12:55 PM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

I got a Wii and joined a group discussion on TN Wms. in his birt town of Clarksdale, MS. Rather fun weekend, thanks for asking. Like Sage, I see Sam's ears a flying as he barks at you to go faster! :D

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home