Thursday, March 19, 2009


Today is the four year anniversary of Samantha Jane Noodles coming to live with Hanna and me. She was being thrown out on her ear by my (evil) ex-sister in law, who had also kicked my brother out of the house - albeit for good reason. He was in re-hab, and she decided to rid herself of a house full of pets. I thought I'd find a new home for Sam, but she and Hanna ended up as friends, so we kept her.






It took her awhile to come out of her shell, and get used to meeting new people and dogs, and spending time in loud places. Poor thing also used to get car sick. Once she got more confident around Hanna, she'd torment her whenever opportunity knocked, and Hanna good naturedly ignored her. I could tell when Hanna wasn't feeling well, because during those times, Noodles would leave her be.

I wasn't sure how she'd react to Hanna's passing, but she has really blossomed as an only dog. She's a good walking buddy, tolerates riding in the bike basket, puts up with being dragged to bars and restaurants, and keeps me toasty at night.



Glad to have met you, Sammy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

awwwww, how sweet! :o)

Pets are just the best thing to happen on this earth.

2:24 PM  
Blogger sage said...

She looks like a great dog and I'm glad she's able to cope being by herself.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

Samantha Noodles is too cute. Love the pictures of her and Hanna Nanners. I love some of your past shots of Sam on the beach too.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Pets really are the best thing!!! I'm happy she ended up staying! =)

4:41 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Happy "gotcha" day, Noodles!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home