Monday, March 16, 2009



Tomorrow is St. Paddy's day. I'll be searching for something green that is also appropriate for court. Yep, a scarf it likely will be. If I get out in time, I might head over to the OC Fairgrounds to see if I can get tickets for Obama's town hall on Wednesday. Given the chance, I'll express my deep disappointment with his Interior Secretary's rubber stamping of Bush's 11th hour de-listing of wolves as a protected species. In reality, if they call on me I'll likely respond like I did in 1983 when I met Billy Idol and basically mumble and drool on myself.*

Watched Dancing with the Stars for the first time in awhile. Shawn the 17 year old gymnast is cute as a bug's ear. Denise Richards might be the least likable contestant they've ever had. Belinda Carlisle has plastic surgery'd herself into Priscilla Presley territory. This is what happens when you go from being a punk princess to a Republican housewife.

I'm in two NCAA pools - one with Auburn Kat and another with the Hater Nation. Every year, I swear I'll watch at least one game before the tourney, but another year has passed.

The jasmine on my deck smells divine, and almost offsets the great mouse war taking place there every morning betwen 4 and 6 am. My own version of mouse west side story - the jets vs. the sharks/gray mouse vs. black mouse. If they break out in song, I'll try to get a video.

Books -

The Instance of the Fingerpost - historical fiction set in the 1600s in Oxford

Every Last Drop - the most recent Joe Pitt vampire tale. Joe survives a year in exile in the Bronx to head back to Manhattan

Dating Dead Men - another Wollie tale from Harley Jane Kozak - good natured fun

Exit Music - a John Rebus mystery set in Edinburgh. When they mention pubs that my friends and I frequented in 1982, I positively squeal with delight

Through the Woods - an Inspector Morse tale. I've seen all the tv shows over and over, and have read a couple of the books.

Boys will be Boys - the glory days and party nights of the Dallas Cowboys Dynasty - a sports tale is not my regular reading, but Jeff Pearlman writes well and the characters are colorful. Any book that starts out with Michael Irvin stabbing a team mate in the neck has potential to entertain

I've mentioned before that given my natural inclinations, and if there were no such thing as social pressure and the danger of being sent away for my own good, I'd dress like the love child of a parrot on acid and Carmen Miranda. I mostly keep it under control, but here is the yarn for my Color on Color scarf. Yes, there are 47 different colors of yarn there.


Hopefully, I can transform this bag of yarn into this -
Wish me luck!

*(In my defense, Billy Idol in 1983 was the most spectacularly beautiful person I've ever seen - prettier by far than Morgan Fairchild and Sandra Bullock, who are also amazing in person. He had skin and cheek bones that any woman would kill for).

7 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

That's a lot of yarn! That would take me years to make!!!

How do you find the time to read all of those books?

3:50 AM  
Blogger sexy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Chris Wilson said...

You didn't fancy Adam Ant?

9:29 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

kat - one gets read in the bath, one listened to in the car, one read on my iPhone . . . you get the idea!

chris - Ant never really floated my boat

10:43 AM  
Blogger sage said...

St Paddy's day in court, eh? I figure I really should wear orange, but Carolina blue is more my style!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

You trying to tell me that you didn't wear a tiny pair of shamrock panties to court? Yeah right.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Frances said...

You and I both share the same taste in music! I'd bet you also love to hear such as over head music when you begin working on that yarn!

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home