Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Another day, another scarf . . .






The weather in so cal may not call for a lot of scarf wearing, but I will be prepared!



The Angels won their home opener against the A's, but I refuse to be too optimistic. 40 years as a Halo fan has taught me to expect the worst. I do look forward to my first cold beer and hot dog at the Big A, though.

I did manage to drink a couple cold beers with my neighbors. It was a gathering of beer drinkers and their dogs. TJ with Joey, the rough coated Jack Russell, Al with Harley the smooth coated Jack Russell, Christina and Ken with Louie and Lola the rat terriers, and me with Sam.

It's a different read for me, but I'm reading Boys will be Boys by Jeff Pearlman. The book is subtitled "The Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys." Here's my 10 second review:

  • Jimmy Jones - a-hole
  • Troy Aikman - dull as dirt, but a pretty classy guy
  • Charles Haley - should be a registered sex offender
  • Emmitt Smith - not nearly as charming as he seemed on Dancing with the Stars
  • Michael Irvin - parties like it's 1999 - every day of the week, but shows up for work the next day

Pearlman writes well, so the book is pretty entertaining, but I'm not sure I'd want a son of mine to grow up to be a pro athlete.

Tired out early the first day back at work, but I'm hanging in there a bit better today . . .

5 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

My ex worked in professional sports and I can tell you one thing, I wouldn't necessarily want that lifestyle for my kids....

6:20 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Nice scarf and an interesting book--Have you read Gretel Ehrlich's "A Match to the Heart"? It's about her recovery from a lightning strike--and she spends lots of time on the beach in CA in recovery

6:55 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

I'm so excited it's baseball season!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Chris Wilson said...

I knocked Charles Haley out at a bar in San Francisco, a place I used to bounce at. My wife and her girlfriends had been having a good time and he came in and started getting mouthy with them and eventually manhandling my wife's best friend. My other bouncer buddies and I politely requested he leave and when he refused, we deposited him on the sidewalk, where he took a swing at me. I then attempted to relieve him of his conciousness, but the nice officers intervened. He was a complete jerk and felt completely entitled when it came to the female patrons.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

During the wholesale pandora beads World War II, Art Deco jewellery was pandora silver beads a very popular style among women. The females started pandora glass beads wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And cheap pandora beads such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used discount pandora beads long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold pandora beads sale rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead pandora earrings silver of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry pandora earrings sale today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and pandora sets triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long lines and curves.One cheap pandora sets example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco new pandora bangles ring.Art Deco rings have sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home