Tuesday, April 28, 2009










Happy Birthday, to me!

Somehow birthdays lose their appeal after the first 21, but today I am 39 again, plus 9. Unfortunately, I will spend it in at work, where I expect to be pretty swamped all week.

Fortunately, I have a couple upcoming vacations - Maui the end of May, and NYC the end of June. It looks unlikely that my niece will be coming to Maui, since she got a new job. That is good news, but her plane ticket is non -refundable. Still, I'll have to spend some time on the phone with United and see if I can get some sort of credit for it.

This past weekend, I dog sat Louie and Lola, the next door neighbor rat terriers.

If you've never slept with 3 dogs under the covers with you, it is best described as warm, but rather squirmy.

As you can see, Sam is thrilled to have company.If you're wondering where my bedspread went, it was in the wash after Louie threw up on it after apparently eating a rock. Lola is tiny, but she gives as good as she gets. Her and Louie would wrestle non-stop, and run through the house in a blur. Louie can get Lola's entire head in his mouth, but doesn't use this to an unfair advantage.

I've been trying to finish up some unfinished knit projects - UFOs - and did finish up a sock this weekend.


Alright, I'm off to start my birthday by drinking more coffee, and reading a chapter or two of the Turnaround by George Pelecanos in the bath tub.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful birthday!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

My definition of fun might be three high-strung puppies running around! So cute.

10:37 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Happy, happy birthday!

And I wouldn't think S. CA would have "three dog night" weather.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

you can gift that ticket to me!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Happy birthday, my sweet!

Cute sock and shoe!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hope you had a simply wonderful birthday, girlfriend!

Love coming to your site, cuz you have the prettiest flowers and it brightens up my day.

And oh yeah, love the knitted sock and the shoe's very cute, looks like it might be a Mary Jane.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Chris Wilson said...

Happy 30th!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Happy (belated!) birthday! I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner, I've been offline all week. Hope it was wonderful!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home