Saturday, April 18, 2009

I have a bunch of amaryllis coming in bloom, and my bird feeders remain popular. Some how I caught this bird in flight, and I'm happy that I did.




This weekend I finished up this Noro Striped Scarf, and I'm happy with it. (Granted, I won't be able to wear it for 6 - 9 months). My goal for the next month is to finish up some "UFO"s, or unfinished knitting projects. This includes 2 pairs of socks, a Noro sweater, a Quant head band and sewing up 3 sweaters that are largely completed knitting wise.

I also finished reading The Downhill Lie by Carl Hiassen, and laughed out loud. The book chronicles his return to golfing after 30 years. If you like Hiassen, and if you have ever golfed, you'll love this book. I'm also reading "Are you There, Vodka? It's me, Chelsea" by Chelsea Handler. Chelsea's book is a series of somewhat ribald short stories about her family and sexual escapades. Maybe I just have too many formerly slutty friends, who all have better stories than the ones recounted here. The book is somewhat amusing, but not laugh out loud funny.

Sam and I went for our first lengthy walk in a month yesterday. I held up better than Sam, (I pretty much had to carry her the last block home), but we both took a nice nap after lunch.

I'm dogsitting the neighbors' two rat terriers this weekend - one year old Louie, and six month old Lola, or "Monkey Girl" as I prefer to call her. Expect Sam to be in a bad mood, and me to hope that one or both of them can rid me of the one remaining rat that keeps terrorizing my back deck.

It's hotter 'n hell here in the OC today, and my car AC is largely on the fritz. Something else to add to my to do list, and asap.


5 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Love the flowers! Some of them are finally starting to bloom here.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

LOL, I like the name "Monkey Girl."

10:58 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I caught a bird in flight once. Unfortunately he wasn't able to support my weight and I fell 25 feet and broke my leg.

12:27 PM  
Blogger sage said...

beautiful scarf! I haven't read Downhill Lie--but I still have 8 years to get to 30 years since giving up golf!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

During the wholesale pandora beads World War II, Art Deco jewellery was pandora silver beads a very popular style among women. The females started pandora glass beads wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And cheap pandora beads such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used discount pandora beads long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold pandora beads sale rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead pandora earrings silver of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry pandora earrings sale today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and pandora sets triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long lines and curves.One cheap pandora sets example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco new pandora bangles ring.Art Deco rings have sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home