Friday, April 10, 2009

TGIF!


First week back at work has been a bit rough. I can hang in there until the afternoon, when I suddenly find that I am dead tired. I pack up for home, bringing some work with me, but all I'm capable of doing is lying flat on my back. I've managed to knit a bit, and twit a bit, but that's it.


Came home last night to find TWO mourning doves in the house. They were fairly friendly little buggers, but one of the two was hard to catch and release. Mourning doves really are the dumbest animals on the planet, so opening wide doors and windows adjacent to their location is generally not enough to chase them back out again. The also are surprisingly resilient, even when they keep crashing themselves into walls, ceilings and windows. Here one perches on the hood above the stove.


Sad news this week for Angels fans - rookie pitcher Nick Adenhart was killed by a drunk driver a few hours after his first start of the season. Adam over at The Hater Nation raised an interesting point - even though Adenhart's life was cut short, even at age 22 he had realized his dream of being a major league pitcher.
If you were able to choose the manner of your own natural death, what would it be?
I read a few years ago about an old duffer who shot his first hole in one, and then promptly dropped dead on the golf course. I wouldn't mind being 86 and still out with my old lady friends playing a round of golf. If it was my time to pass, dropping dead after hitting a hole in one isn't too bad a way to go. Granted, you would miss the bragging opportunity, but you know there are some golfers in the after life who would be willing to listen to your tale. And you'd get out of buying everyone a drink in the clubhouse . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

I've always liked the line, "I want to die like my grandpa, peacefully in my sleep...

not kicking and screaming like the rest of the folks in his car!

Get plenty of rest, Diane. I can't help but to think that doves are good signs.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I think I would want to go in my sleep too...

The hassles of living at the beach! =)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

During the wholesale pandora beads World War II, Art Deco jewellery was pandora silver beads a very popular style among women. The females started pandora glass beads wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And cheap pandora beads such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used discount pandora beads long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold pandora beads sale rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead pandora earrings silver of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry pandora earrings sale today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and pandora sets triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long lines and curves.One cheap pandora sets example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco new pandora bangles ring.Art Deco rings have sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home