Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We're in the midst of a good case of June gloom here in So Cal, with a bit of rain last week and overall, cool temperatures.

But don't tell Samantha that. I'm pretty swamped at work, but did get out last weekend for a couple five mile walks with Miss Noodles. Even though she is a mix of Basenji (African hunting dog) and Chihuahua (perro de Mexico), she apparently is not built to stand the heat. (And by heat, I mean lovely temperatures in the low '70s).She was fading quickly on our walk home, so we stopped periodically for rests in the shade. The walk took a bit longer than I had planned on, but a good time was had by all . . . or at least by me.

My pink calla lilies are back, which always makes me happy, and my monarch butterfly plant is in bloom.

I went on a cooking binge over the weekend - Slow Cooker Soft Taco Stack, Mediteranean soup, chicken and broccoli couscous, curry chicken salad, and a fritatta. Yes, I did share them all with my brother.

I finally watched True Blood - the first season. I enjoyed the Sookie Stackhouse book - Dead Until Dark - that it's based upon. In fact, that was the first book I read for Maggie's Southern Reading Challenge two years ago. You can read my review here .

Been reading alot, knitting a little, and trying to keep up with work deadlines. What have you been up to?

6 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

Wally doesn't like the heat either. He's going to hate the summer here.

Been working and trying to get things done around the house. Went to see Terminator yesterday, and put in my application at UT-Arlington. That's what I've been doing.

11:45 AM  
Blogger sage said...

we're enjoying cool weather so far this summer--which is good for me. Otherwise, I'm swamped! I can't wait for July and a chance to get away.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Awww...she looks so tired!!!

I've been up to work and working out, not much else at all. Well...besides talking about giraffes! =)

6:15 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

I like our weather here in the L.A. area this time of the year. The longer the June gloom hangs around the longer I can put off running the costly air conditioner.

No anniversary post this year?

5:48 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Dan - I know it's coming up. Did I miss my own anniversary?

6:10 AM  
Blogger Chris Wilson said...

I loves me a foggy beach. Its not crowded, good cool running weather, parking is a breeze. I love June Gloom!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home