Tuesday, July 07, 2009

I hope everyone had a fantastic fourth! Noodles and I did. We got up early so we could beat the heat, and walked five miles down Bolsa Chica way.


(Bolsa Chica is a state park that brought in thousands of dollars in income to the state just this past weekend. Nevertheless, our esteemed governator plans to close state parks to save the minute part of the budget they represent (not to mention that they also generate income).)











But I digress. We had so much fun, and it was such a gorgeous day, so I loaded up Sam into the bike basket and we rode five miles along the beach. (That is the good news. The bad news is that I woke up at 2 am with my both quads so cramped up I could not move my legs.)


Hung out with the neighbors and ate and drank way too much!




Oh, and I also went and saw Public Enemies over the weekend. Loved the movie, and loved the soundtrack so much that I downloaded it last night on iTunes and on to my iPod. That's the good news. The bad news is that some electrical leprechaun snuck into my house again and discombobulated my iPod overnight, so now it will no longer charge or recognizes any outlet for charging it.



This is on the heels of my HP Notebook coming down last Thursday with a Windows Vista glitch - I get an endless loop message "configuring updates 3 of 3 0% do not turn off your computer."



Apparently, this is not uncommon, but I've been unable to fix it with any proposed solutions I've found on the web. Right now, "open window, toss out computer" seems like the best advice.



Work is slower, but boring.

The dog and I are getting fat.


The bird is good.


The mice and rats are winning the war.



And this is my current knitting project - Birdwalk Sock in progress

How was your 4th?

6 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

My wknd was extremely uneventful. I watched some tv, read a lot, and spent time with my family and cats.

I love your bike!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Our 4th was uneventful. Dinner with friends and glimpsed fireworks on the way home. Nice, though.
Love the bike and basket!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

What's with the esteemed governator, anyhoo. Why can't he get along with the Dems? Whose fault is it, really, that Cal-E-Forn-i-a is in such bad shape. Arnold said he could fix everything when he threw Gray Davis out.

"open window, toss out computer" is what I did a month ago.

Birdwalk Sock = pretty.

My 4th was great!

(Comment deleted above was me... screwed up the first try... =grin=)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

That bike is great. How does it handle in tornadoes?

9:31 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

ryan - and you should see us with my little dog, toto, errr, sam in the basket!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home